Louisville’s Truck Driving School Since 2001.
At Truck America Training we train you to obtain more than your CDL, which means you have passed the minimum skills and knowledge tests concerning the type of equipment you will be operating. Our Louisville CDL A training gives you everything you need to know to become a professional driver.
Why Truck America Training?
- NO CONTRACT CDL A TRAINING – There is no commitment to a carrier after you leave here. You work where YOU want to work: Large carrier, small family-owned carrier, dump truck, heavy haul, LTL, local, etc.
- Hands on curriculum and training – Truck America Training has formulated our hands on course to help students adapt quickly. Click to learn more about our 160 hour CDL A Training course.
- Small class sizes – We aim to keep our class sizes down so each student can get the one-on-one time he or she needs to learn at a fast pace.
- Job Placement Assistance – We help our students to find a carrier that is the right fit for him or her. We do not force students into any contracts with carriers, and we do not get any “kick-backs” for sending students to any particular carrier. Our assistance is unbiased, and in favor of finding the right fit for the student. Click to learn more.
- Financial Aid Assistance – Your education is one of the most important investments you can make in yourself. Truck America offers a couple different financing options to help you make your dream a reality. Find out more about our Financial Aid Assistance.
- Experienced, Qualified Instructors – Our instructors are experienced in their field, and collectively offer decades of industry know-how. Meet them all here.
- Short-Term, Accelerated Program – Where else can you go through under 4 weeks of training and come out making over $40K in your first year? Not many places. Although your days training may feel long, we offer it at an accelerated pace to get you to your new career as quickly as possible.
- Lasting Experience – You start your class with a group of people, and end your training with that same group. We see our students make lasting connections with one another and our instructors. We have seen students decide to team together once they leave the school or opt to go to the same company. We have students who graduated a year or two ago still call our instructors personal cell phones for help while out on the road! Many students still come back and visit long after leaving the school with their CDL A. We always are interested in hearing what our former students are up to, so when you leave, please keep in touch!
- Family Atmosphere – We pride ourselves on being the first Louisville based CDL A Truck Driver Training school. We are locally owned and operated since 2001. We are happy to share our expertise and help people of all walks of life find personal growth and a new career. We welcome any potential student to visit our facility and find out who we are for yourself!
Our only business is to train people to become Truck Drivers, so we are completely focused on this. As a private school we are independent, therefore we are flexible and can adapt immediately to stay up to date. We are also able to offer personalized assistance, small class sizes and individual mentoring. We give you advice about the next step and provide job placement and career planning assistance before, during and after graduation. Our instructors have years of experience; there are no student trainers; there is extensive hands-on behind the wheel driving time; and we offer the least amount of observation time possible and only for the purposes of demonstration and initial practice. Classes start every other Monday and can be completed in three and a half weeks.
Out CDL training is based off industry standards and the CDL A test. The full-time Class A Driver training program includes 5 days of classroom instruction and eleven days of hands-on and behind-the-wheel training before testing. Classroom, field and road training are completed at the school training grounds. Students will participate in extensive practice driving on a specially prepared driving range and on local highways and city streets with a qualified driver instructor.
Everyone who works here, our staff and instructors, are proud of the quality of assistance and instruction TAT has to offer and because of this we are able to offer a fun and relaxed environment in which safety still remains number one priority. Former students are always coming back to talk to us about their jobs, share truck driving stories, compare experiences and show their appreciation to us and we are committed to you and your growth even after graduation.